So this month has been a bit interesting as I have found some time to work on Oversteer Racing, not as much as I'd have liked, but a bit.
Although I've found some time to work on Oversteer Racing I don't have a lot to show for it. I've spent a fair bit of time refactoring some code to make it more useful. Specifically I've taken the code that I use to determine how long a player remains stationary in the pit box and made it more generic so that it can be used to work out the length of a stop for all cars. So, whilst I've done a fair bit of work I've actually got very little to show for it from the outside 😉
I do have some tasks left on pit stops before I move onto something else (it feels like I've been working on this code for the entire year so far) but I'm definitely making progress. The remaining tasks are to hook up the code for calculating a pit stop with the AI code for the rival cars. I then need to make sure the rival cars are correctly fuelled, damage is fixed and so on. At that point I think I can move on to something else... 🙂
Next month I plan to finish off the remaining pit stop tasks and then start looking at obstacle avoidance for rival cars.